Monday, April 27, 2009

The Jar

A while back, Deni challenged me to a weight loss competition. There wasn't a clear way to win, nor was there a reward, so since that time, I've gained 6 -7 pounds. I'll show her.

To be honest, it wasn't motivating either of us and with me, it was cursing me.

And then the idea came to me.

Each of has to exercise for 30 minutes a day, for at least 5 days a week, with the workout completed by 8pm, else a dollar has to go into "the Jar". With the proceeds going to some future Trip we'll take together. I proposed the idea to Deni and she thought it was a great idea. We both needed something to motivate us, and apparently $1 per missed workout does it. Deni's statement was something to the effect "you aren't going to get any of my money".

Case in point, the day we flew out to DC, Deni was sick and it was snowing... but guess what, she exercised. Me, I didn't get time to exercise before Deni "MADE" me go to the airport. Matter of fact, I was on my way to exercise when Deni and used my co-workers to "distract" me. So she said, I needed to put a $1 in the jar.

I think I could have fought that one, but went ahead and put a $1.00 in the jar, thinking it was going to be the last dollar I put in the jar. Let's just say, $2.00 is my limit. Deni gets a big smile on her face when I have to put a $1.00 in the jar.