We started out by taking a 180 question test to tell us what type of careers we would be interested in. I went ahead and took the test so I would know what I wanted to be when I grow up.
After answering all the questions, the test told me I had 2 areas of interest.
1. Enterprising Interest AreaThe part I liked the most was the fact that I value status, power, money and material possessions.
People with this interest...
-are "Persuaders".
-enjoy leading or managing other people.
-often respond well to competition and enjoy leading teams.
-are willing to take risks.
-value status, power, money and material possessions.
-describe themselves as ambitious or energetic
and
2. Conventional Interest Area
People with this interest...
-are "Organizers".
-enjoy systematic, step-by-step work tasks.
-like to keep things neat and in order.
-prefer working in stable environments with predictable routines.
-are detail-oriented and persistent
-may describe themselves as efficient or dependable
After the activity, we took the boys to get ice cream at Macey's. While I was driving, the boys were telling me the fastest way to get to the store and one of the boys finally said, "Why don't you let Bro Berger drive because he is 16". The other boys laughed, but I thanked him for thinking I was so young. That got me thinking a little, so I asked all three of boys how old they thought I was. The answers were 26, 28, and 30. Not too bad for an almost 32yr old.