Deni and I went to a WorldWide Leader training from the Church. It was a great training on how to be better teachers.
After the training, Deni went out shopping for my birthday present while I stayed at home with the kids. It was such a nice day out that Sydney, Ryan and I went on a bike ride around the neighborhood. Sydney had a few crashes, but she got up each time and got back on her bike. She's just about outgrown her bike.
We were supposed to go to a birthday party for a neighborhood friend tonight, but the kids didn't eat their dinner and weren't being nice, so I made the decision that they weren't going to go. We had a hard 30 - 45 minutes when they both realized that I wasn't going to let them go, but after we got through that and I was able to talk to them and explain why I wasn't letting them go, things got better.
I had an opportunity to talk to Ryan alone for about 15-20 minutes that was very eye opening. We usually try to talk to Ryan about school, but he very rarely tells us details other than "things are fine" or "today was a good day" but he seemed to open up to me tonight and tell me a lot of his concerns at school, including other kids being bullies and not treating him too kindly. It breaks my heart that he is experiencing unkind kids at school. I'm not sure why kids are so unkind to each other. I had a good time talking to him and was glad I had the opportunity.
After we talked we played with legos and created spaceships.