The saying goes, "Measure twice, cut once."
About 2 weeks ago, I ordered a few things online. I did some research, talked to friends and then placed the orders. I ordered an HDMI cable and some new bike tires and tubes. Two completely different items from two different websites. For whatever reason, both shipments got put on the slow boat and took forever to get here. Slowboat = USPS.
I was excited to get the HDMI cable so that I could hook up my camera to the TV and watch our videos. Each day I would come home to an empty mailbox. No packages. I had completely useless USPS tracking numbers (I'm not even sure why they have tracking numbers if you can't tell where the dang package is.)
Finally 2 weeks later, I get both of them on the same day. But..... there are a few problems.
First purchase, HDMI cables. They're HDMI cables alright, however I forgot that I needed a mini connector on one end, so I can connect it to my camera. I should have "measured twice". Now I'm going to have to have to order yet another cable and good HDMI cables aren't cheap.
Second purchase, bike tires and tubes for my mountain bike in preparation for Summer Camp. The tires are great. The tubes however have the wrong value stem. So I'm the proud owner of 4 bike tubes that won't fit any of my bikes. Because the bikes are so old (11 yrs) I assumed they were Schraeder values (the old ones similar to a car value), however the aren't, they are the newer presta values. $20 bucks down the drain.
So what did I learn from all this. Measure twice, cut once, or in my case, Check twice and buy once.