Sunday, June 14, 2009

Guaranteed 48% increase

My garden as of today, June 14th.

I increased my tomato population to 20 tomato plants this year.



We tried a few new things. We planted beans, peas, and carrots.



Lots of new things for 2009. We added this new box this year. (shown below) 16 feet long by 3 feet wide, 48 new square feet. Increasing our garden size by 48%. We planted Squash, Zucchini, potatoes and cucumbers in this new spot. Freeing up our garden for more Salsa ingredients.



Also new for 2009. Apple tree. This was a bare root tree we got and planted a few months ago. Although I'm excited about the addition of this tree, it will take a few years before I expect to see any apples.



2 new peach trees. These were also bare root trees we planted and although the peach trees are not thriving as well as the apple tree, they are doing ok. Also on the right hand side, our raspberry transplants from last year actually survived and are on their way produce some berries this fall.