Friday, February 13, 2009

Party at the Bergers

Deni picked me up from work tonight and we headed to my parents for a birthday party. Today was my dad's birthday. He's 71, he was 36 years old when I was born. (but turned 37 two days.)

Deni brought the ingredients for dinner and also bought a cheese cake (as I don't really care for normal birthday cake.) Teresa and most of her family were also there, so we turned it into a party.

After dinner, we put candles in the cheese cake for Dad. Although I think my mom actually has 71 candles, (which is impressive), we opted to spell out 71 in numbers instead.

After cake we played a card game called Hand and Foot. My grandma Berger used to love to play this game. For whatever reasons, I refused to learn the game as it appeared to be a difficult game with a lot of rules, etc. I never learned to play the game while she was alive and now I wish I would have. You can play individually or as teams of 2. With so many people, we played in teams of 2. I was paired with Teresa. (and we won both times.)

After games, we headed to Teresa's to do some last minute computer things for her. (I had reinstalled her computer for her recently and had to finish up by installing printer drivers, etc.) It's been fun hearing her kids attempt to guess my passwords. Although I set a password hint, they have yet to come anywhere close to what the real password is. Dealing with passwords all day at work, it's fun to know that I've set a password and a hint that haven't been cracked yet.