Nothing says I love you like a working Garage door opener.
I love spending my tax return on necessities. (no sarcasm here...yeah right!!) Our garage door opener bit the dust about a month ago, so now that my tax return is on the way, I get to spend it on fun things like a new Garage Door opener.
I read some reviews before buying my new garage door opener and the consensus was that it took about 4 hours to complete the install. I thought, I'm good at following directions, I bet I can do it faster than that. Turns out I don't think I did. Maybe 3 hours and 45 minutes. I put it mostly together, pulled the new wires through the ceiling and then called my dad over to help me put the "finishing touches" on. Of course, the finish work always takes the longest. Of course, it would have been too easy to buy one that was the exact same length, so we had to move the braces around, install new sensors, etc,etc.
It sure is nice having my dad so close that is so handy with just about everything.