We went to a cabin near Scofield. I had arranged for some snowmobiles to be there to take our gear to the cabin from our parking place, but we hiked in. I had never been up there, but the owner told me it took him 45 minutes to hike down (during the summer) from his cabin to the parking place. I thought, I'm in better shape, I bet I could do it in 15 minutes. So I told the boys that we'd have to hike in and it would take 15 minutes. Opps.
It actually took us about an hour to hike in. When we started the hike, it was 9 degrees. When we got to the cabin, it was 30 degrees inside. After starting a fire, in a hour or less, we had heated it up to a comfortable 70 degrees. My idea about going cabining was to get the boys together and let them have fun. I told them to bring games, etc. At 2:00am, the monopoly game finished. Of course it was down stairs were I was attempting to sleep. At 2:30am, I finally went and turned out the lights and called it a night.
I slept horrible, matter of fact, I'm not sure I slept more than 3 hours total. I can't sleep without a fan making some white noise for me. However it was a great time and it felt good to hear boys say that was the funnest campout they had ever been on and wanted to do it again soon.
My "tent" in the background. There was at least 4 feet of snow at the cabin.