Saturday, February 21, 2009

Millot jaune

On Presidents day, we went to Park City to go shopping at the Outlet mall. We stopped into the Pearl Izumi store (bike clothing store) and there it was. The yellow jersey that Ryan had to have. Nothing in the Pearl Izumi store is cheap, but it was 20% off. So Ryan got the Yellow Jersey. As he was trying it on, Ryan said I'm just like Lance (Lance Armstrong, 7 time Tour de France winner) Just then, a store employee came over and said, "Ah, do you know what the millot jaune is?"

Ryan new it meant the yellow jersey in french and that it was worn by the fastest rider, which is why he wanted it.

It was still cold today but we decided it was time to get back on the bike. Ryan wanted to go first thing in the morning when it was windy. I walked outside and told him we'd go later on when the wind died down.

So here it is, our first bike ride of the year. Ryan and I went about 4 miles, riding up a big hill twice (Ryan has gears now).