I woke up a little early this morning as I couldn't sleep. As I was in the shower, Ryan, Sydney and Deni came in to sing Happy Birthday to me. I was surprised they were all up, as it was before 7am. They gave me 2 presents. First a light-weight backpacking stove and second the fuel for the stove. I was surprised. After opening my presents, I was asked by Ryan how I liked my eggs. Ryan likes to fry eggs, so I told him that I liked my eggs fried. He was going to make me breakfast for my birthday.
I continued to get ready and while I was sitting on my bed, in comes the family again bearing breakfast in bed, complete with French Toast, fried eggs and orange juice.
I have 2 great kids and one awesome wife. Starting off my day with breakfast in bed was a great way to start out my 34th birthday.