Last week in my post Make All you Can... I said life was good.
I even thanked President-Elect Obama for the meager 4.3% "change"/increase in my 401k in the Month of October.
Well - I take it all back.
Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2008 to 11/11/2008 is -41.7%
Maybe Obama's slogan of "Change we can believe in" was really his economic plan and all I'll have left in my 401k will be a three quarters, 2 nickels and a dime. Ha.
Don't take me too seriously on the Obama joke. I'm just having fun. Personally, I don't think that any President has the power to effect the economy. But they sure take credit when it's going well and sure are quick to blame others when it tanks.
I have to keep telling myself, I'm in this for the long term, I'm in this for the long term, I'm in this for the long term. I'm still trying to convince myself of this.