Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Bergers

Today was Thanksgiving. We spent the majority of day at my parents house. The whole family was in attendance except for Shane, although we called him and passed the phone around so everyone got to talk to him.

We had Thanksgiving Lunch instead of dinner. As usual, the meal was great.

After lunch, we played games, put together puzzles and visited.

I finally learned the card game "Hand and Foot". Hand and Foot was one of my Grandma Berger's favorite games, although I always refused to learn it. Ryan learned it about a year ago and after some arm twisting today, I sat down and learned the game. It was surprisingly fun.

Teresa made some gingerbread houses out of graham crackers that the kids decorated. I didn't take any pictures, so I had to steal these pictures from Stefanie's blog.

Cousin Jaycee, Sydney, Aunt Teresa and Cousin Kennedy



Deni helping Ryan with his roof.



Ryan's finished product, complete with pretzel gate.



Sydney's finished product.



We decided to sleep at my parents house, so that we could get up early tomorrow and go shopping on Black Friday, while the kids slept in. We tried to talk Teresa into sleeping at Mom and Dad's house and go with us, however she decided not to.

Headed to bed. 4:30am comes quick.