Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Starting again on an old project

Our new neighbors drove by today and told Deni that everytime they drive by I've been working on the park strip. Deni laughed and said, that I started the project back in April. The funny thing is that they've driven by the only 2 times I've worked on the park strip since April. I've been really good at coming up with excuses to not finish it.

In April, I dug up the park strip to the west of our house. The park strip is 125 ft long and 6 feet wide of unusable space, plus it took two watering stations to water it. We decided that we would rip out the grass and replace it with rock. I dug it down about 3 to 4 inches deep and had planned on filling the space with rock.

I finally ordered rock late last week. I actually ordered 17 tons of rock, so I have to be ready before it gets here tomorrow. Actually it has been ready for the last few months except for the weed fabric.

Deni and I laid down the weed fabric and got the park strip ready for the delivery tomorrow.