As always, rumors have been flying for some time about layoffs this year. It seems like just about everyone knows something a little bit different about when and how many people will be layed off this year.
I always hate this time of year as I never know if my badge will actually let me in the door as I get to work. So far I've been at Novell for just about 7 and a half years and made it through about 7 layoffs (including this one.)
As of this afternoon, the layoffs in my group, Global Technical Support, have been completed. My manager of 3 years was demoted and I report to a new manager. There were 2 other managers that lost their jobs. With those changes there is lots of restructuring.
The layoffs this year in my group won't really effect me much, however the real big layoffs for the rest of the company, which are coming next week, will. It is rumored that anywhere from 30% to 50% of the Provo campus. Not a good thing for me.