I worked from home this morning as my rock was going to be delivered sometime this morning. I finally got a call saying they would be here between 11:30am and noon.
When he called to tell me the time, he also told me the exact tonage (17.14 tons) and the price. The price was about $125 more than I was quoted, so I called the company and got that straighten out. A dump truck holds about 15 ton, and since I ordered 17 ton, they brought a "truck and a pup". They had 10 ton in the truck and about 7 ton in the trailer (pup).
I asked the driver to drop it in a few locations for me, which he did. He made four drops. Since we were spreading this by hand (and wheelbarrow) it put the rock much closer to where I would need it.
After the delivery, I headed off to work to finish up some loose ends. I talked to Dad and he said he was coming over to help me after work around 5:30pm.
When I got home, Deni had been already working on it and had finished about 20ft of the 125ft park strip. She had worked for hours to get it that far. I didn't expect her to work on it, but she did, which was really nice.
Deni, Dad and I started working on it again about 5:30pm.
Here you can see three of the four piles of rocks.
A friend, Kevin Fenn, also stopped by and helped for about an hour. He had done the same to thing to his old house, so came and worked with us and gave us some pointers, which was really nice.
Just as we were calling it a night, with about 40 feet left, a neighbor came over and said he had saw us spreading the rock by hand and that he had access to a bobcat and would go get it right then. We accepted his gracious offer. He was back in about 30 minutes with the bobcat. It took him about 20 minutes to finish to two remaining rock piles and by about 8:30pm, we called it a night with the rock mostly done.
I couldn't have planned it any better. We used all the rock with a tiny bit left over (probably the .14 ton extra they brought).
I had planned on working on the rock today, all day tomorrow, and then on Saturday too.
I still have some minor finish up work in cleaning up weed fabric.

