We showed up about 10 minutes before the parade and were able to find a great place to watch the parade in full sun.
The kids liked the parade. I enjoyed the fly over by the Air Force. There were 4 jets then a huge bomber plane. We left before the parade was over, but we were able to see quite a bit
Here is a pic of Ryan at the parade.
Here is a pic of Sydney at the parade.
After the parade we went home and got ready for the rest of the day. As a family (Berger's) we were all meeting at my parents house for dinner. We went over about 3:30pm and dropped the kids off and took a 25 mile bike ride. We left from my parents house and road up Hobblecreek Canyon about 12.5 miles, then turned around and came home. You would think the downhill ride would be fast and enjoyable, however the wind was blowing up the canyon and it was 100 degrees outside, so wasn't quite as fun or fast as I would have liked it to be.
On the way down a car came up beside Deni and the sideview mirror brushed Deni's arm. I think I would have kicked the car, if I could have thought that fast, but it wasn't me, it was Deni. The ride was good but the way too hot to be riding.
We ate as a family at Mom and Dad's then visited and the kids played with their cousins. We taught the adults a card game called No Peeky. It was fun to visit and play. After it got dark we went to a local school to light fireworks and sparklers for the kids.
Syd and her sparkler.



