I left the house this morning at 6:30am headed out on a bike ride. Deni suggested that I ride into Springville and ride up Hobble Creek Canyon. I started riding into Springville and decided to ride into town. As I was riding into town, I called Deni and told her I was going to just ride into work as I was so close to Provo, but then realized I didn't have my wallet or my badge, which means I couldn't get into the building if I tried this early (nor would I have anything to eat for lunch.) So I kept riding. I rode into North Springville, then headed back and rode by Teresa's house. Teresa's house has a big hill next to it and on the way down I got going 37 mph without pedaling.
I continued on the Tour de Berger up Center street to mom and dad's house. They had their office door open so I yelled as I rode by. (no response at 7am) Next I headed into Mapleton. When I was leaving Mapleton, I was riding down hill on Main Street and resting a bit and getting a drink when I heard "LEFT". I looked to my left and there were 2 guys riding and they flew by me. I was riding at about 19mph at that time and decided to kick it up a little and catch them. I quickly caught them and rode about 18 inches off the back tire of them. It is amazing how different it is riding with someone and being able to draft off them. We rode for about 3/4 mile at 26mph.
As I turned back to Spanish Fork, having ridden about 16.5 miles, it began to rain. It was nice to have the rain while I rode. I finished by riding out to Highway 6, riding past the Spanish Fork Golf course down to Spanish Fork Main and then home. I was able to do 25 miles in 1 hr 29min and 45 seconds.
When I got home, I had ridden 28.6 miles. A good morning ride.
After work, Ryan wanted to go on a ride, so we took a 3 mile bike ride bringing my total to almost 32 miles in one day.
Of course, we watched the Tour de France highlights tonight as well.