Thursday, April 19, 2007

Party at Grandma's

I worked in the yard most of the day today. Both Ryan and Sydney went to play with friends, so I was able to get a lot of work in the yard done.

Dad came over to help me and was a huge help in the backyard. He designed how the block wall is going to look and started measuring and figuring out how things will fit together.

I helped Dad dig and level out the footings of the block wall. I think we got about 8 blocks down. Once the first level is down, the rest go really quick.

I finished the side yard and it is ready for weed fabric and rock. I need to fix a few of the sprinklers, as I plan on putting Russia Sage in between some of the rock.

At about 5pm we left and went to Mom and Dad's. All of the cousins were there. Stefanie's dropped off her kids at 4pm on her way to Southern Utah with Devin and Teresa was over too. Mom had ordered Pizza and since it is Spring Break, it was nice to get all the kids together and let Ryan and Sydney play with their cousins.

I took the Wii and set it up after dinner. It was a hit. The kids loved playing against each other. The only problem was too many kids and too few Wii remotes.

All of the kids were sleeping over at either Teresa's or Mom and Dad's. Sydney really wanted to stay and sleep over, but I hadn't taken any clothes for her, so since Deni is gone, I told her she could sleep in bed with me. It took some convincing, but she finally agreed to come home with me. Tonight was a late night and the kids were tired.