Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Grandma Nelda passed away

Deni found out today that her Biological Grandmother passed away. We had plans on meeting her this summer for the first time when we went to Texas in June. Deni had talked to her a few times on the phone, but was looking forward to finally meeting her in person.

Apparently, her Grandmother, Grandma Nelda, found out last week that she had cancer and died unexpectedly about a week later.

After talking about it for a bit, we decided that it would be a good thing for Deni to try and go to Texas for the funeral.

Deni got a flight leaving tomorrow morning at 6:30am.

I took the kids to my parents house and stayed there until they got back from the MTC. We have to leave by 4am to get Deni there on time and I will pick up the kids after they wake up tomorrow.

At work, I have a 3 day paid time off for bereavement, so I will use that and watch the kids while Deni goes to Texas.