Saturday, April 14, 2007

Campout with the Young Men - Whiting Campground

I took yesterday off to work on my yard. I had to rush to get all I wanted done before I had to return the bobcat (boxer) at 2:30pm. After I got the rental returned I had to rush to get ready for a campout with the Young Men. We had planned to go up to Maple Lake, up Payson Canyon, but the road was blocked off and had not been opened yet for the season, so we ended up going to Whiting Campground, which is up Mapleton Canyon.

We left about 4:30pm from the church and got to the camp ground about 4:45pm. We had planned a campout that was close for our first campout of the year. Whiting Campground is a great place to get away for a short campout.

Overnight it got down in to the 30-40's, however I didn't sleep well as the deacons were up from about 2:30am on. I didn't have a watch with me, otherwise I would have gotten up and told them to be quite. I thought it was 5am or 6am, so I let it go, but it kept going on and on and on.

In the morning after breakfast, we had a moose come down right through our camp. I have never seen a moose in Utah County. I saw one on the Green River last year, but had never known they were within miles of my house.

All in all the campout was a good one.