Monday, April 16, 2007

10 stitches

Tonight while Deni and I were working in the yard, Ryan came running around to us stating Sydney had been hurt. 10 seconds later, Syd came around the corner with a bloody chin.

After looking at her chin, we decided that she needed to be seen by a doctor. It was about 7:15pm when she fell. We called and tried to get into our Doctor, but they didn't have any openings, so we had to go to the Emergency Room. We went to Payson Hospital and got there about 7:30pm.

The nurse looked at it and didn't think we would need stitches but she said the Dr would come by to look at it. He did and said she needed stitches. There were others that had actual emergencies, so we had to sit for a long time. While we were sitting there, I looked at Sydney's arm band and it said the Dr's name. Karl Vizmig. To lighten the mood. I told Sydney I would give her an Ice Cream if she would say "Hi Karl" when the Doctor came in. She was very funny and she would say "Hi Karl" over and over again, until the Dr walked in. Once he walked in, she didn't want to be funny anymore. I'm sure she knew what was coming.

They strapped her down in and the nurse held her head. When the Dr was cleaning the wound, he said that it was deeper than he thought and it actually went all the way to the bone, but the bone wasn't broken. He put 3 stitches on the inside and then 7 on the outside, so 10 stitches in all.




Sydney was asleep by the time we got home about 10:30pm. 3 hours in an ER is a long time.