Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pinkeye x 2

Sydney got pinkeye last week. Deni promptly took her to the Dr and got her medicine. After a day or so on medicine, her eyes were back to normal. We had to hold her down to put the eye drops in her eyes and then force her eyes open, as she didn't want eye drops in her eyes. Mean parents, I know.

We were very careful handling the medicine and cleaning up after giving her the medicine. Deni even wiped the house down with clorox wipes. And of course we also constantly washed our hands, but it didn't work, I got Pinkeye!

Yesterday when I went to work, my eyes were killing me. They were very red, but I thought that it was because I didn't get a good nights sleep. However this morning, there was no mistaking it. I couldn't open one eye, as it was stuck shut with goop.

I took Sydney's eye drops and started treating myself for pinkeye this morning. Oh what fun! I re-wiped down all the door handles, light switches, etc at home this morning. I also did it at work too.

At work, instead of going to my meetings in person, I called in. They all gave me a hard time about not walking over to the meeting, until I told them I had pinkeye and then everyone was glad I stayed away.