Each year in March, the company I work for, Novell, has a huge technical conference (Brainshare) where thousands of our customers pay roughly $1,500 to come and learn for a week. For that $1,500, the attendees get a breakfast, lunch and dinner and all the technical trainings they can handle. On top of the $1,500 the attendees have to pay for airfare to SLC, UT and hotel for a week.
Anyway, last year was the first year that I helped teach a session or technical training at Brainshare. It was a little nerve racking, but after doing it, it was fun. So why am I writing about last March now. Well I'm going to be teaching another session this year and was up till 12:30am last night working on my presentation. I worked on my presentation a little bit this morning as the first draft is due early next week.
The rest of the morning I spent packing and getting ready to leave for Arizona. This Arizona trip has been an expensive one and we haven't even left yet. We got the oil changed, which lead to getting the front brakes fixed and tires rotated. (I think I went into the wrong profession).
We checked Ryan out of school at 12:13pm. The lady at the front desk asked where we were going. We told her Arizona and she said, at least you are going somewhere warm. So I explained to her that where we are going to in Arizona, it is just as cold as Spanish Fork.
We got on I-15 about 12:30pm on our way to Heber, AZ. About 30 minutes into the drive Sydney started asking if "we are there yet."
We got to Heber, AZ at about 10:30pm and it was 15 degrees. Sydney was asleep, so we took the kids inside and in bed.