Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King Jr holiday

Today was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a company holiday, but as usual, I worked so that I would get paid an extra 8 hrs worth of pay (on top of my holiday pay, so it's like getting paid double time, but all I get extra is 8 hrs of pay.)

I've worked the last 3 holidays (or more) attempting to pay for my bike I bought last year. I bought my bike on a 1 yr same as cash deal, and since I never pay interest on things, I'm working on getting it paid off before July 2007. I'll make it.

Holidays are typically slow, which is was today. It allowed me to catch up on a backlog of to-do's I've been trying to get to for some time.

I got some ties from my mother-in-law for Christmas. I recently returned them, so I had some money burning a hole in my pocket that I wanted to spend (on ties). It being a holiday today and there being sales today, I figured today was just as good as any to spend that money.

I do have to say that I was in desperate need of ties, so I'm thankful I got them for Christmas, but unfortunately they didn't fit my tastes, so I returned them and got the money back, to buy something that fit me better.

After work, I went shopping for ties. I found one that I liked. I ended up getting some new dress pants as well. Still need to get a few more.

This last week the weather has been bitterly cold. Matter of fact, when I left for work this morning, it was -6 F. The kids have been coming up stairs during the night and we think it has been because they have been getting cold. So while I was shopping, I ran across some nice down comforters and flannel sheets which I purchased for both kids.

Finally, we invited my parents over for dinner tonight. We ate dinner and then played games. It has been a while since Mom and Dad had come over just to hang out. We had a lot of fun.