Ryan has been waiting on pins and needles for the last few weeks. He applied for an internship through Advanced Learning Center, where Ryan takes college classes while he's in High School. The deadline for the internship had come and past, however he hadn't heard anything. It was driving him crazy. And then he got the email. He had been accepted into the internship and he is 'working' in a Novell building that I worked in years ago.
His internship is twice a week for two hours each day for 10 weeks and instead of working on the company's products, he and his fellow teammates will be mentored by a few employees and allowed to work on a project of their choosing. Ryan and his teammate chose to make a Role Playing Game (RPG). They will be using and learning Python, AngularJS, and CSS to complete their project.
The nice thing about Ryan's internship being located on the Novell campus is that on the days he's at his internship, I stay an hour or so after work to bring him home. It was a little weird staying at work until 6pm today, as most people head out around 5pm, but it was nice and quiet while I waited for Ryan to be done.
Ryan was super excited when he came out this evening. You would have thought he had won the lottery. I'm not sure I got a word in the whole way home. Ryan had a list of things he needed to brush up on by Thursday.