It was Valentine's day and we had a great time hiking to the arrow so we thought we'd try to find some petroglyphs that I had had read about near Santa Clara, UT. The trail we were looking for was called the Tempi'po'op trail. Tempi'po'op is pronounced 'tumpee poo oop', which means 'rock writing' in Southern Paiute. We plugged the coordinates into our phones and began driving.
We found the trail, although it's not marked with a name, as I would have thought. However there were about 10 cars at the trailhead.
The hike into the petroglyphs was about 15 minutes and very easy hike. The trail ends at these boulders. It didn't look too special from the top. People were climbing in an out of the boulders. So we went down and then there we were. I would have never known there were petroglyphs there. These are some of the most amazing things I've seen.
You could walk right up to them and touch them. They were amazing.
Deni demonstrating the size of this 'bear claw'
All throughout this area were boulder size rocks that had ancient drawings on them. Ryan says the guy on the right has a tail. I'm not sure that's a tail.
We spent about 15 minutes walking around and looking at these amazing drawings. This is something that everyone that goes through St George should see. As we were leaving, we talked about wanting to bring the kids back tomorrow after Syd's last game.