Saturday, January 30, 2016

This is supposed to be set in the future, but NASA is still using GoPro Hero 3's

After skipping the first indoor soccer season (due to us being in California for Ryan's surgery) Sydney is back to playing indoor soccer again, which means we have a game each Saturday. This year, they are playing in a Charter School on tile.  I'd rather she not play on tile, but there are not any other options.  Today her game was at 9:30am. They are still playing boys, so the competition is pretty tough.  I think the score today was 12 to 3 or something like that.  Sydney was able to score once and enjoyed that.  

As we left soccer, Ryan was driving. Deni pulled the 'I don't have my license, so I can't sit in the front to supervise Ryan' bit. So I was in the front seat with him.  He knew what city we were in and which city we needed to go to.  Ryan struggles knowing where he is and where to go most times, however we had just driven there an hour ago, so I figured it would be a good time to let him find his way home. As we approached I-15, Ryan was in a lane that would have taken him North (instead of South).  I didn't say a word but just watched and giggled to myself.  As the light turned green, he realized he was in the wrong lane and slowly made his way into the right lane. 

Of course, because Sydney scored a goal, she wanted ice cream. So Ryan pulled into Culver's and they both jumped out to get ice cream.  I'm not wasting calories on ice cream if I can have real food (like Cubby's tonight) 

After we got home, it began snowing and snowed for most of the day. The weatherman predicted anywhere from 10 to 20 inches of snow.  We got about 6 inches.  The good news is our snow blower is working again, which is nice as the snow was quite heavy today. 

Deni and I went on a dinner date to Cubby's. The roads were still pretty messy and slick.  Because the FJ is back wheel drive, we slipped and slid around most of the roads. I finally put it in 4 wheel drive to keep from sliding as much. The only thing I've ever eaten at Cubby's are Tri-tip Sandwich and Sweet Potato fries.  They are amazing and I can't see myself ordering anything different, EVER.

After dinner we came home, to watch a movie.  Sydney went to the neighbors so we decided to watch The Martian. We rented it off of Google Play (by the way, I'm pretty impressed with the ease of renting a movie from Google Play, as this was my first time.)  We had Ryan join us for the movie as he didn't have plans. We weren't into the movie a few minutes before Ryan says "....so this is supposed to be set in the future, but NASA is still using GoPro 3's ....really?"  He had a few other concerns with the 'science' Hollywood was portraying as he didn't feel it was accurate enough. Only Ryan.