During the month of Dec 2015 it became apparent, I needed a change. My clothes, specifically my pants, were tight around the waist and it was uncomfortable. I didn't want to buy bigger pants (partially because I don't want to own bigger pants and partially because I'd rather spend my money on other things). The alternative? Diet and Exercise. I began watching what I eat and exercising in hopes of my pants fitting like they did before.
The Weigh in:
Dec 28, 2015: 177.7 (12 stone, 9)
On a side note, I'm not sure why we don't use the measurement of 'Stone' in the United States. It sounds way cooler than saying pounds. Plus no one knows how much you actually weigh without looking it up.
Fast forward to today. It's been one month of counting EVERY calorie that has gone in my mouth. I've exercised at least 5 days a week for 45 minutes or more. The last few weeks, I've been doing cardio for 45 minutes then lifting weights (alternating upper and lower body every other day) for another 15 minutes.
Today's Weigh in:
Jan 27, 2016: 166.6 (11 stone, 2)
I've lost 11.1 pounds in one month and about 2 inches in my waist. I'm feeling amazed about the results. I didn't do anything extreme. I simply watched what I ate (portion control through counting calories) and exercised. I would check my phone before eating something to see how it would impact my remaining calories for the day. It's not a new concept to me as I do the same thing when spending money (check my phone app (YNAB) to see how the purchase will impact my future budget and spending.) But it's working for me. I've got a bit more to go, but well on my way.