For Christmas 2014, our family present was one pair of Real Salt Lake Season tickets. The kids were shocked we got them and we all really enjoyed going to the games throughout the year. When it came time to renew our tickets, we really didn't want to buy them again for Christmas (2015).
However, we really enjoyed the one on one time it gave us with the kids and with each other and it didn't hurt we got to do something we really enjoy. So we renewed our season tickets and then held on to them. I blogged about buying them about 2 weeks ago. The kids don't read my blog so I wasn't worried about them finding out.
This last week, I've been working on cleaning up my blog, adding pictures that got lost when I migrated my blog to it's own domain and back to blogger. While doing that, I've read some funny stories I had forgotten and have shared them with the kids. Sydney, in particular, enjoyed hearing the funny things she did 7 or 8 years ago. Yesterday she asked me the address for my blog. I didn't respond, as I knew if I gave it to her, she'd find out about the RSL tickets. She asked a few more times, so I told her the address.
For about 15 minutes she was reading and looking through old blog posts. I was keeping an eye on her as I knew she would see the post about us renewing the RSL tickets. Sure enough, a few minutes later she giggles to herself and I can tell she read the post. She sat on the couch trying to figure out what to do. She looked and me and smiled. I asked her why she was smiling and she said that she had read my blog.
I told her to call Ryan in and read it out loud, so she did. They were both excited to learn that we have tickets once again.
Fast forward to today. I woke up and picked out my White RSL away jersey. As I was getting breakfast, Ryan came up with his RSL jersey on. Finally Sydney came up stairs with her RSL jersey on. Pretty funny we all decided to wear our jerseys today.
Now we wait until March, which is the first home game.