Ryan, Sydney and I drove to SLC Airport today to pic up Deni. We left about 11:45am, as soon as Ryan got out of school. Deni was supposed to land at 12:30, so we were pushing it to get up there in time. Both kids brought their posterboards they had made for Deni. Sydney's said "We missed you" and Ryan's said "Welcome home mom". When we got within 15 minutes of the airport, it got very quiet. I looked back and Sydney was asleep holding her posterboard. Deni called and had already gotten off the plane, so our plan of being there when she got off and holding the posterboards up wasn't going to work and with Sydney sleeping, we just drove up the to luggage area. I rolled down Ryan's window and had him hold up his posterboard as we drove up to where Deni was waiting for us. I got out to give Deni a hug and get her luggage in. Ryan's home made posterboard, colored by him, had brought tears to her eyes.
We drove home, stopped off at Wendy's for some lunch. We also stopped by and got my Canon 20D, which we had dropped off for a cleaning. There was a spot on the alot of my pictures, which apparently was some dust,dirt, or a hair. $42.50 later, it is fixed.
It is good to have Deni home. In our neighborhood, we have a man that lost his wife a few years back. He has smaller children. I thought of him a few times while Deni was gone and how hard it has to be. I'm not sure how people deal with a single parent situation, however I hope I don't ever have to deal with that. I'm glad that Deni is home with us.