Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Oh Crap

How many times have you gone to the bathroom at home, sat down, done your business then realize there is no toliet paper within reach?  I'll be honest, it's happened a few times to me.  Once I notice I'm in need of toilet paper, I begin yelling at the top of my lungs for anyone within the sound of my voice for some help.  99% of the time some kind soul, usually Deni comes to my rescue with toilet paper in hand.

As I got to work this morning, lunch and bike in hand, I was invited to lunch to celebrate the release of a new rev of a product I work with.  It's hard to pass up a free lunch.  So I  decided that I'd ride my bike home to compensate for my lack of riding during lunch. Because I was riding my bike home and not catching my vanpool, I stayed a few minutes later than normal to finish up on a few emails.  Then I went to change.

Before I changed into my bike clothes, I had some bathroom business to take care of.  I found a stall, sat down and ..well I'll leave it at that.  Then came the moment when I looked at the toilet paper dispenser and realized I chose a stall with no toliet paper. Now what?  There was another guy 2 stalls over.  Do I ask him to hand me some toliet paper?  Do I wait for him to leave?

I decided I'd wait for him to leave and attempt a quick dash to another stall.  After waiting for a few minutes, but felt like 30 minutes, I was alone in the bathroom. I stood up and quickly jumped into an adjoining  stall with 2 rolls of toilet paperl

I then quickly changed into my bike clothes and headed on my bike home.