Ryan's team played tonight. We're still not sure what got into Ryan tonight, but he was playing soccer better than he's ever played before. He was playing forward when he has some close shots on goal and then it happened. Ryan got the ball dribbled it in to about 10 feet from the goalie. He shoots, he scores! GOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!! Ryan came running back, hands in the air. Deni, Sydney and I were doing the same thing while yelling at the top of our lungs. We were tremendously proud of his accomplishment.
And then it happened, about 20 seconds after the goal, the stupid teenage ref's (that don't hardly pay attention) called offsides. (What I really think what happened was the father of the goalie dishonestly called offsides after the goal and the teenagers listened to him.) Ryan's goal was stripped from him. He was devastated. It was the only score on either side for the night and Ryan's first goal ever.
As far as I'm concerned, he scored the goal. I was on the oppisite side of the field and things looked good from where I was, besides he had the ball in front of him the whole time.