Tonight was date night.
We haven't had individual dates with the kids in a while. It's always fun to go out with one of the kids and spend one on one time with them.
Tonight Ryan had a date with his mom, while I got a date with Sydney.
Ryan choose to go to the Jr High with Deni to see the Disney play Mulan, put on by the Jr High kids. Sydney also wanted to go the play, but Ryan was adamant that Sydney and I do something different, as he wanted a date with just his mom. We finally came to an agreement that we'd all go, but we would drive in separate cars and sit in different spots. A win-win for all.
There were a number of kids from the ward in the play and 2 from my Scout group. The tickets were $5 a person. I'm cheap, as that seems pricey for a Jr High play. I think I only paid $15 a seat for Broadway plays in NYC while I was on my mission. However, the play was excellent and enjoyed by all.
On the way home, I was singing to a song on the Radio and Sydney said "Uh Dad, I don't want to be mean, but can we just listen to the song."
Shortly after that we pulled up behind a car in the right lane sitting at red light and Sydney said "Don't they know they can turn on a red light."