I went to the Dr for a physical a few weeks back and we discussed my family history of Cholesterol problems.
The previous time had gotten a physical I got my cholesterol checked. My LDL (bad) cholesterol and HDL (good) cholesterol were within normal ranges, however my triglycerides were high. The Nurse and Dr asked if I came for my test fasting, which I assure them I have.
Next they looked at me, as if to see if I'm overweight or not exercising and they quickly rule that out. Finally the Dr asked me if I have a family history of high Triglycerides. I told him I didn't know. So I went home, talked to my mom and found out that I do. My brother, mother, uncles, etc all have problems with high triglycerides.
The Doctor said that the first thing he suggests is to moderate the consumption of fats, alcohol and carbohydrates and begin an aerobic exercise program, however since I'm already doing that, he thought he'd take my blood once more to see if anything has changed in the last year, if not, he'll put me on some meds to control it.
So I go into the Dr this morning at 9am. Right as they open. I wait for 30 minutes until I'm called back. From the time I sat down to the time she had taped a cotton ball to my arm was seriously 30 seconds. I'm not quite sure why I waited 30 minutes for a 30 second procedure. However, I should have the results on Monday.