Deni and I went on a date tonight. Deni got a babysitter and we headed out for a night on the town.
First, we went out to eat at Ruby River in Provo. First of all, we aren't Steak people (Ruby River is a Steak House), but we had a $20 gift card and thought we would use it for a free date. I've been to Ruby River during lunch many times with work. It isn't the cheapest place, $7 to 8 dollars for a hamburger, but we thought we have $20, we might as well go. When we got there, it appears that the lunch and dinner menu are quite different, as are the prices. The least expensive plate was about $12 bucks. I ended up getting 1/2 rack of Baby back ribs and Deni got some chicken dish. Both our meals were $14.99 a piece.
About half way through our meal, I asked Deni how "$14.99" was. We then talked about how people afford to eat out at places like this. Although expensive for my tastes, dinner was good. (The company was even better.)
After dinner, we went and saw a movie (Shrek, the Third). It was a funny movie. The kids would have enjoyed it.
When we got home (around 9:30pm), our babysitter had the kids in bed and had even cleaned up dinner and loaded the dishwasher. I think we have found a new babysitter.