Monday, May 14, 2007

Swimming Salem Pond

Tonight was the first time this year that Deni and I swam in open water. I've been swimming 2 to 3 times a week at an indoor swimming pool, but swimming in the open water is very different from swimming in the pool. For example, the water in the Pond is fairly clean, however when you are swimming in a pool you have a nice black line to follow. All you can see when swimming in the pond is green nothingness. It is a little eerie.


We went out to Salem Pond (Salem, Ut) got our wet suits on and swam the 1/2 mile swim. The water was cold. Deni can put her face in cold water a lot easier than I can. I started out the swim doing the sidestroke until I could keep my face in the water and swim freestyle.
Brett swimming:




My parents came out to Salem Pond to watch the kids while we swam. Ryan and Sydney were at the sandy beach to cheer us on as we got out of the water. While they were waiting they were playing in the sand and wading in the cold water.




After I got out, Sydney took my swim goggles and was acting silly.




Deni swimming:



After we got home, we both smelled like stinky pond water.