I signed up with Vonage in July 5, 2004. After almost 3 years of good service, it was time to move on to something cheaper. In the beginning we were paying a flat fee of $24.99 and no taxes. Over the last few years they have so graciously passed on taxes, etc to us, until we were paying just over $30.00 for our whole phone bill. It is much cheaper than a land line through Qwest, however it continued to go up, so I started looking for a cheaper alternative.
I found Sunrocket, which is another VOIP (Voice over IP) service like Vonage. But it was $210.00 ($17.50 a month) for a year for local and long distance. At that price, I almost cut my phone bill in half. However, I signed up under a promotion and actually got 2 years for $210.00. That is just under $9.00 a month. Not a bad deal.