Sunday, December 24, 2006

Santa came

Christmas eve is finally here.

We had 1 hour of church today (instead of 3). Deni sang in the choir. They sang a beautiful version of Away in a Manager. I like that song. The sacrament program was a spoken word/choir ensemble where all the organizations sang a song. So when it was my turn, I went up with the YM/YW and sang.

After church we (Ryan) painstakingly waited for noon to come around. At noon we drove Ryan up to the MTC in Provo to each lunch with my parents. My dad is serving at the MTC as a Branch President. My parents have been taking the grandkids one by one up to the MTC, so they have a little MTC experience. It was finally Ryans turn. Ryan got to eat lunch with them and then attended church at the MTC, in mom and dad's Japanese MTC Branch. Ryan was so excited to go. He was telling people that he was going to learn Japanese while he was there. From the sounds of it, he enjoyed the day very much, as did the missionaries.

After the MTC, we had invited my parents over for dinner at our house, so they brought Ryan home.

At 6pm, Ryan was ready to go to bed so that Santa could come. You would have thought that we had fed Ryan pure sugar. I've never seen someone so excited about something.

We read the Christmas story from the Bible and let the kids open their one present of pajamas and then got them ready for bed. Mom and Dad left about 7pm. Mom and Dad gave us a new book that we opened called "The Three Trees". Deni read it to us as we all laid down in bed. Because the Christmas tree is in the upstairs Family room and the kids beds are downstairs, we temporarily moved the kids to the upstairs guest bedroom to sleep, or at least tried to.

After about 15 -20 minutes of both kids coming out and telling us that so and so is touching me or is bothering me, we split them up. I went into the guest bedroom with Sydney and Deni took Ryan down to his bedroom. What felt like 10 minutes later, Deni came in and woke me up. When I got up, I told Deni that it was time to get everything out. That's when she said that Santa had already came. Apparently, it had been about an hour. What??? I missed it. It appears that Santa was in a hurry this year and didn't need my help. Well Santa left one present that he needed help putting together, so Deni and I finished putting Sydney's Santa gift together. It was about 9:30pm when we got finished.

By that time, Ryan was asleep. We moved him back upstairs to the guest bedroom and barricaded the hallway off, just in case they got up in the middle of the night.