A co-worker of mine asked me about 4pm today what I was doing for the weekend. I said I was going on a date. He looked at me kinda perplexed and said, "With Deni, right?" I laughed and said "Of course with Deni."
We then talked about the days prior to kids an how "going on a date" was a common thing. Only those with kids understand what it means when you get a few hours away to just spend time with your spouse on a date.
On our date, we went out to eat at a Barbeque place in Provo that Deni had eaten at before.
Before I tell the rest of the story, I have to refer back to the TV show "Ed" that Deni and I watched. On the TV show, there were 2 friends (Ed and Mike) and they would "bet" each other to do stupid things for $10. The bets were usually odd things that only the 2 of them would think was funny.
Here are a few examples:
Mike challenges Ed to meow loud enough to make a guy sitting on a bench turn around.
Mike bets Ed that he cannot drink an entire bottle of pancake syrup.
Here is a complete list.
Now armed with that tidbit of knowledge about a cancelled TV show Deni and I used to watch, we are standing near the counter trying to decide what to order, when I notice the girl taking the order had all black hair, except for a section in the back of her head that was bright pink.
I leaned over to Deni and said, "10 bucks, if when you order, you ask the order girl if she knows she has a little section of pink hair on the back of her head." Deni looked at me, laughed and then said no, but we laughed together about it. Then all of the sudden we were ordering and Deni said "Excuse me, but did you know you had a section of pink hair on the back of your head."
I was shocked that she went through with it. Of course, I thought it was great entertainment, however after Deni asked her, she felt back and told the girl she was just teasing her and hoped that she didn't hate our guts.
I'm just hoping she didn't spit in our food.
After we left, we went to see a movie called "Stranger than Fiction". As we got to the movie theater, we realized that we left Deni's purse back at the Barbeque place. So I had to drive back and ask Mrs Pink Hair if she had found a purse. Of course, she had it.
The movie was great and we had a fun time. All in all, it was a great date.