Friday, September 22, 2006

Ryan's First tooth came out

Ryan has had a loose tooth for quite a while, however he really didn't want to wiggle it. Last night I noticed that his tooth was coming up behind it, so I told him that it was time to get the loose tooth out.

We tied a string around it a few times, but the string kept breaking everytime a hard pull was made. Ryan wasn't quite sure he wanted to pull it out, so we started encouraging him.

We even called Uncle Shane the dentist for advice, but only got his Voicemail. So we went to plan 2, which was offering him money.

I told him I would give him $3 dollars, Deni said she had a dollar for him. Ryan's Gramdma Bigler and Aunt Katie were here too and that sweetened the pot as well. Grandma Bigler offered Ryan $5 and Katie offered him $1. But the catch was the tooth had to come out tonight to get all that money. The deal was $10 dollars today or $1 dollar later.

After a few tries, it popped out. Actually it came out so good, we spent a few minutes looking for it on the carpet.

Here's Ryan right after it came out.



Ryan got an envelope and wrote, "My first tooth" and took it to bed with him. I emailed the Tooth Fairy to tell her this was ryan's first tooth and it was special, so she could bring a little extra money.

You can see Ryan's new tooth coming up way behind where it should. I'm not looking forward to getting Braces for him.