Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Home all week

I'm working an odd shift this week, so I'm home during the day all week.

Over the weekend, I'm on call 24/7, but during the work week (Monday - Friday), I end up working from 5pm till 1am from home(my cell) and then I'm on call from 1am till 8am. I get overtime from 1am to 8am, if I get called. I'm hoping it is quiet, so I can go to bed at 10-ish and have a relaxing week.

For some reason, carrying the pager makes me anxious. I have the "after hours" shift till 8am Friday morning. I then have Friday off, which works out great as we will be leaving and going down to Yuba for the triathlon on Saturday morning. We decided to camp at Yuba State Park, as the race begins at 7:30am, and it's about an hour south of our house. My mom and dad will be pulling their 5th wheel down and watching the kids while we race.

I'm headed to my brother-in-law's work today so he can put on the trailer hitch for our van. While I'm there, I'll set up a small network for his business.