Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What are the chances?

Deni called me today at work to tell me that she registered Ryan for 1st grade and that his teachers name is Mrs. Berger. What are the chances? There is no relation that I know of, unless it's some weird twelveth cousin, twice-removed thing.

I hope the kids don't tease Ryan, although it's only first grade, maybe they won't realize that Ryan and his teacher share the same last name.

At work today, we lost power for just about an hour. We have backup generators that keep the necessary lights, etc on. Before the lights went out, a co-worker called me out to the window to see the storm roll in. We watched it through the 3rd floor window. We were facing west (can almost see Utah Lake). The clouds were a dark black. I've never seen clouds like that before. At one point, once the storm got to Novell, I could not see out of the window. It was raining so hard, then hail. 15 minutes later the sun was out.

As I rode my bike home, there were trees uprooted and branches everywhere. Very crazy for South Provo area. I rode to and from work today. Both rides were good. Ended up riding just over 25 miles today.