Friday, August 04, 2006

Are you Scrobbling?

I am now.....

So what is Scrobbling? Scrobbling is basically tracking the music you listen to and publishing it to a website for all to see. Its a social music revolution.

Here's how you do it. Sign up for a free account on http://www.last.fm/ and download the last.fm application. When you install it (on Windows) it will determine what music players you have installed and ask you which you want to keep track of.

At work, I'm using Banshee (on Linux (SLED 10) to listen to music. Next all I do is listen to music throughout the day and each song I listen to is tracked and reported up to the last.fm servers and saved in my musical profile. So now you know what “scrobbling" is.

If you care to see what I've been listening to: Follow this link:

http://www.last.fm/user/brettberger/


or at home


http://www.last.fm/user/bergerhome/