Friday, November 11, 2005

Finally Done

I started this project this fall. As you can see from the before picture below, we had two wind-blown trees and a kidney shaped flowerbed in the middle of our front lawn. Because of watering issues in this area and I needed something to keep me busy, I decided to remove the trees and the dirt and put grass in.

Before:



I was amazed how much dirt was in this flowerbed. I took alot of it to the back to fill in around my garden spots, but also took a very full truckload out to my sister Teresa for her new flowerbeds/garden spots.

Almost Done:


With many wheelbarrows of dirt removal, it was finally flat and ready for grass. I had borrowed a grass cutter a few weeks back. I didn't roll up the grass as I didn't want it to die, but didn't expect it would take me this long to get the dirt removed and ready for grass. The grass I had previously cut started growing roots again, so I had to use a flat shovel to cut the roots again (a big pain) but I finally got it done.

Finally Done:


On to my other projects.