Sunday, October 18, 2009

Released and Sustained

I was released as the 1st Counselor in the Young Men's Presideny today and then immediately put back in as the President of the Young Men's.

I've been working in the YM's since we moved into this ward 4 years ago. In Aug 2005 I was put in as the YM's Secretary and then a year later, I was released as the YM's Secretary and put in as the 1st Counselor and have served there for the last 3 years.

At that time I was put in as the 1st Counselor, the Varsity Scout Program was non-existent in our ward. Over the last 3 years, my assistants and I have built up a fairly well rounded Varsity Scout Program.  I'm a little sad that I'm leaving the Varsity Scouts and Varsity Scout Program as I think the Varsity Scout Program is an awesome program.  However the good news is I'll be getting all the Varsity Scouts as they turn 16 and become Priests.

I'm excited to jump in feet first and get a functioning Venturing Program running in our ward. Lots to do.