Saturday, September 22, 2007

Real Salt Lake Soccer Game

A few months ago we won four Real Salk Lake Soccer tickets at an auction. We finally got around to redeeming them for tonights game.

Of course the night I picked to go to the game, it had to rain. Actually it was more than rain, it poured the whole time we were at the game, however we had a fun time.

It was the first time that any of us had attended a Professional Soccer game. Having grown up playing soccer, I looked forward to taking the family to the game. With Sydney playing soccer for the first time this year and with Ryan playing for his 2nd year, I had hoped that seeing a Professional soccer team play might make both Ryan and Sydney more interested in playing soccer.


We took rain poncho's because we didn't have enough umbrellas and it turned out to be the best decision we made as when we walked in, there was a huge box of umbrellas. The guard said no umbrellas were allowed, as it is impossible to watch a game with someone in front of you with an umbrella. Since it was already pouring, we were wearing our poncho's. I had a number of people stop me and ask me where I bought the poncho. I told them Wal-mart, but I'm sure they were thinking that someone at the game was selling them. It was pretty cool (in the 60's) as well, so I'm glad we were able to stay mostly dry for the 90 minute game.



We sat next to a group of people that were banging a drum and chanting all night. As Deni said, the game is a very fast paced game, unlike football. There aren't too many times that things stopped, even when someone was down injured.

Real Salt Lake beat the Colorodo Rapids 1 to 0. I think we all enjoyed tonight's outing.