I went to Seven Peaks tonight with the kids, while Deni had a night out by herself shopping. We got to Seven Peaks about 6:30pm. We went to right to the "Cave In" ride with a double tube. After waiting inline for about 15 minutes, we got to the front of the line and the lady wouldn't let me on the ride with 2 kids. So I turned around to leave and tried to fight my way back through the line when I was called back and there were 2 single tubes that she said I could ride down. So I rode down with a reluctant Sydney, while Ryan came down the slide by himself. Since "Cave In" is completely black on the ride down, I thought Ryan might not like it by himself, however I was wrong. Ryan said "Dad, I went around and around and around." He thought it was pretty cool that he was able to ride the slide all by himself. From there we went to the Lazy river. Ryan said "Yeah Lazy River, Lazy River." Can you guess what Sydney said. "Yeah Lazy wriver, yeah." Rode the Lazy River around once, then off to the wave pool. The wave pool was fun and I survived with both kids by myself.
After I got home, I started reading a book called The Utah Goldrush, which is a book about the Lost Rhoades Mines, which are supposedly massive gold mines up in the Uinta Mountains. I heard some amazing stories last night about the Uinta Mountains last night and thought I would give this a read before I head up there the 2nd week of August. I'm sure I won't be able to read the whole book by the time I go, but thought I would start to see if I could get any insight/stories about the Uintas.