Monday, March 22, 2010

BrainShare 2010

BrainShare is back.

Last year, due to the economy, BrainShare (Novell's yearly technical conference in SLC, UT) was cancelled. BrainShare's been going for 20+ years, so it was a downer that it was cancelled. It's always fun to get away from the office for a week and work at BrainShare in SLC.

Over the last few years at BrainShare, I've helped teach a number of technical sessions, however I've always been the 2nd presenter. (Where the 1st presenter created the presentation, then asked me to help teach.) Although I had helped revise presentation, I had never actually submitted the idea, it been accepted and then create the presentations myself.

However this year I decided to submit a few ideas for a technical session I wanted to teach on Privileged User Manager (the new product I took over about 9 months ago). I submitted two ideas, but they were combined into one session.

In addition to the technical session, I also helped man a booth for the product and showed demos to customers.


This is the only picture I captured.   It's the back of Rich, a co-worker of mine from the UK, and the booth that I spent most of my time at.

BrainShare was fun, but very tiring.  I drove back and forth each day.  Not sure I could ever commute an hour each way.  A typical day was leaving the house by 6:30am-7:00am and getting home around 7pm or 8pm.