I worked as usual. There's something about getting paid double time for working a holiday. Holiday's at Novell are usually quiet. That was the case today and I got alot of work done, which was nice. It's amazing how much work you can get done when your phone doesn't ring, I don't sign into Instant Message, or I have alot of emails I have to answer.
As usual, the Provo parade started out with a few milatary jets buzz University Ave, which means they fly right over Novell. Each year I work, I hear the rumble of jets coming, then they fly over Novell on their way up University Ave and the parade route.
Since I worked today, I decided I would take Thursday and Friday off and spend it with the family.
After work, we had 2 families from our neighborhood come over for dinner. We grilled hamburgers and visited. After everyone left, we rode our bikes around and watched people set their fireworks off.
I was amazed at how many illegal fireworks were set off in our neighborhood.